Do you want to know how to change your age on TikTok? So do, hundreds of users worldwide.
But before we show you how to change your birthday on TikTok, get a government-issued ID at hand. The only way to do that is to report a problem to TikTok, back up your age with the ID, and wait for its resolution.
Wait a second! How come this social platform limits the basic age changes to the profile?
Before you get any furious, you must know the likely motive why TikTok allows users to change their date of birth only when the information is verified by the document.
Changing Age On TikTok: Some Cold Hard Facts
- You cannot change your birthday on TikTok through the app settings.
- Changing age on TikTok requires proof (government-issued ID).
- To change your birthday you can either reach out to the app’s support team reporting a problem with it or sign up for a new account on Tiktok. No middle ground.
- If you are under 13 years old and want to be on TikTok, you can sign up with Mom, Dad, or a guardian.
- It is easy to lie about your age when signing up for an account since no ID is asked.
- Other TikTok users can report your profile if they see you are underaged. You will be asked to provide proof. If you are a minor, your account will be terminated.
- Reaching out for help the first time, you should not provide any supporting documents. Once they ping you back, you can attach the image of the ID.
While the reason is not specified elsewhere, it is likely that the platform does not allow you to change your age on TikTok since its Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) scandal erupted back in September of 2016. Although the children’s data lawsuit was settled at $5.7 million dollars with FTC days after it was filed, it caused even more scandal of underage use and the deletion of hundreds of thousands of accounts with the wrong birthdays, whether on purpose or not.
This supposedly happened when users of 13 years of age and younger were asked to verify their age and the glitch in the system prevented them from choosing the right option. Whatever happened in those days, many teens have lost their profiles, videos, and millions of hard-earned followers.
That’s where you would have been angry beyond imaginable! Would you?
From that point forward, a series of national security reviews have followed the fastest growing social platform. Even today, a single Google search reveals TikTok’s child predators issue.
Not surprisingly, to shake off its “bad guy” reputation TikTok tightens its grip over underage use.
5 Simple Steps How To Change Your Age On TikTok
As you know why it is not possible to change your age on TikTok right away, it’s time to show how to change your birthday on TikTok.
Step 1. Launch TikTok, and tap the Me icon.
Step 2. Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
Step 3. Scroll down to the Support section, and tap Report a Problem.
Step 4. Follow the sequence: Account and Profile – Editing Profile – Other – Still have problem
Step 5. Describe your issue and hit Report. Note: uploading an ID is not necessary at this point.
Right after you submit the report, TikTok creates a ticket. Now breathe and relax, you’ve almost changed your date of birth.
👉 SUGGESTED READING 18 Ways How Influencers Make Millions On Social Media
How To Change Birthday On TikTok: The Alternative Way
For impatient users who want to know how to change your age on TikTok without waiting for a reply. Though at the expense of popularity.
You might have guessed already, to change your age on TikTok you sign up with email or a phone number.
If you are ready to lose all followers, views, and likes, and start from scratch, let’s get into it.
- Sign out of your account by tapping the Me icon (bottom right corner of the home screen). Tap the three-dot icon right next to your profile name, scroll down to get to the Log Out option.
- Tap Sign Up then, select Use phone or email option.
- State the correct date of birth (if you are under 13 years of age you can ask a parent or guardian to sign up for you so that you could manage the account together).
- Type in your email or phone number, and verify with the code TikTok sends you.
You should be all set now. You are not asked to validate your age with IDs when signing up for an account, it is important you put real age. TikTok can ask for any supporting documents if they feel you are underaged, or if other viewers report your profile.
👉 If you are struggling to get any likes on TikTok after you have signed up for a new account on TikTok, read the Complete Guide to Buying TikTok Likes.
Since we know that there is no direct way how to change your age on TikTok, you may well end up losing your profile and fans if an incorrect birthday is placed. But many TikTokers change their age on TikTok the first time they sign up for an account.
If you also want to know how to change TikTok username, or bio TikTok will show you how to do that.